In yet another instance of coincidental timing, Take 2 With Jerry and Debbie will feature another show on Tuesday that has tremendous significance during these days of the pandemic, when most kids are home more than they otherwise would be. People of all ages play video games, but the demographics definitely skew toward younger people. This topic was suggested by a listener named Allan, who, on a recent Unscripted show, mentioned that he may be playing too many video games. Here are some things to be thinking about for Tuesday’s broadcast:
- Do you play video games?
- Are you on any sort of time limit?
- Is it difficult to get your kids to stop playing video games?
- What is your take on the different types of video games, so many of which portray brutality and violence?
- Perhaps you’re just fine with every genre of video games?
- Have you observed any behavioral changes in those around you – especially your kids – who’ve played a lot of video games?
- Do you think there is any connection at all between violent video games and attacks by youth on their peers and others?
- Are such “links” blown out of proportion?
Remember, it’s your show, so be sure to call in and share your take on this very important subject.
Another listener in Texas suggested viewing these two episodes on the topic: